Mezcal and sweet pineapple are a natural combination while ginger gives a spicy depth that pairs well with the smoky mezcal. The combination of pineapple, ginger, and pleasant smokiness brings to mind a fermented Mexican pineapple drink called tepache de piña, a popular street vendor option in Mexico made from fermented pineapple rinds and spices.
- 1.5 Oz of Mezcal 400 Conejos Espadín
Pineapple ginger water
- 4 cups of water (makes 4 cocktails)
- Half a pineapple
- A 50 gr piece of ginger
- ½ Cup of sugar (or to taste)
- Piece of pineapple.
- Rabbit ear shapes using pineapple leaves.
- To make the pineapple ginger water, blend water, pineapple chunks, ginger, and sugar.
- Fill an old fashioned with ice, add the 400 Conejos, and top with the pineapple ginger water, mix and enjoy.