Coconut cocktails sometimes carry tacky connotations, especially when served in a coconut shell. But the rich, smoky flavor of Mezcal Creyente Espadín gives this cocktail a more modern, classy vibe. The coconut’s sweetness provides a creamy base, anti-inflammatory turmeric imparts a peppery spice, and angostura bitters add complex notes of cloves and cinnamon.
- 1.5 oz Mezcal Creyente Espadín
- 1.5 oz Coconut Milk
- 2 dashes of Turmeric
- 0.5 oz Agave Honey
- 2 dashes of Angostura Bitters
- Mint leaves or a slice of lemon for garnish
- Add mezcal, coconut milk, turmeric, and agave honey in a shaker with ice; shake vigorously.
- Fill the glass with ice cubes.
- Add 2 dashes of angostura over the ice.
- Pour mixture from the shaker into the glass
- Garnish with mint leaves or lemon slice.