Agua de jamaica, or hibiscus punch, is one of the most ubiquitous drinks found all across Mexico. Dried hibiscus flowers are steeped in hot water then cooled to produce a vibrant, ruby-hued concentrate that’s diluted with water and sweetened with sugar. This version spiked with 400 Conejos Espadín-Tobalá mezcal is a smoky spirit that’ll keep you warm far beyond winter.
- 1.5 Oz Mezcal 400 Conejos Espadín
- Hibiscus Water with Rosemary
- 4 cups of water
- 1 large rosemary sprig
- ½ cup sugarsemary
- Fresh Rosemary and salt rim.
- Prepare hibiscus water by combining water, rosemary sprig and sugarsemary in a saucepan and boil for 5 minutes; strain and let cool.
- Salt the rim of an old fashioned glass
- Add ice, 400 Conejos, and the hibiscus water; mix.
- Garnish with rosemary and enjoy.